Would this not lead to the conclusion that male victims of rape remember and relive the experience more vividly than the female victims?
Why then, if this is true, do we support and sympathize with female victims so much more? Why is there no real support system for the men who so badly need it?
Is it because so many of them were raped in prison? Does this culture really think that just because they broke some petty law, men deserve to be raped, and then have their pain and anguish erased and marginalized?
Or is it some sick by-product of the idea that all men must accept abuse and still be strong and stand tall?
Either way, it’s twisted. Men get raped every day. It fucking hurts on so many levels. It is the single most egregious violation of a person’s agency possible, barring mutilation and murder.
Apparently, women are better equipped naturally to forget this terrible pain, but we fall all over ourselves to help and support them, while the men who are so poorly prepared to heal are ignored, denied, and laughed at.
I’m not saying that women’s resources in this area need to be diminished, in fact there could be more done to help them.
I am saying that men receive no help at all, on average, and that safe places for men to talk about their experiences and get counseling through the healing process are an absolute necessity.
So many men are torn apart inside, and almost no-one cares.
Do you think maybe that this fact contributes to the whole cycle of violence?
Could it be that an emotionally wounded and neglected man is more prone to harden himself against compassion and love, more likely to seek some kind of vengeance against the world than one who has been nurtured and loved when he needed it the most?
Isn’t it possible that a deep psychological wound festers and causes an infection just like a physical one?
Maybe if we just admitted to ourselves that men and boys get raped all the time, and that they need help to heal, and to become secure again after the fact, we would have less of these festering wounds walking around desperately trying to drag other people down.
If it was just as easy for a male victim to get help and support as it is for a female victim, perhaps there would be less victims on both sides.
As it stands, thousands of men are raped and trafficked for sex every day.
It may be in prison, but it is still happening, and it still matters. It spills back out of the gates, and it poisons us all.
This is simultaneously very interesting and potentially horrifying.
- lilyginnyblack likes this
- iwillbeoldwithamillioncats reblogged this from wordsmithapprentice
- ctfan reblogged this from permutationofninjas
- pali-princess reblogged this from psychofactz
- fellmekke likes this
- mybygonevexations reblogged this from windatyourfeels and added:
- windatyourfeels reblogged this from silverfoxin and added:
- timeto-getnaughty reblogged this from trapsandgingers
- trapsandgingers reblogged this from psychofactz and added:
- staywesc reblogged this from pinoymalgy
- stb-marine likes this
- mexicanesexd reblogged this from psychofactz
- captaincapsaicin likes this
- captaincapsaicin reblogged this from aselleus
- ghostwith-a-beatingheart likes this
- suchalonelydayshouldbebanned likes this
- bewareoftentacles likes this
- blackinkedwings reblogged this from eridansucksdick
- fanboyfeels reblogged this from austini-martini
- harryssupernumerarynipples likes this
- theonlyfin likes this
- exciteddomination likes this
- dickardcain likes this
- basugasu-bakuhatsu likes this
- heisenbuddy reblogged this from shionsnezumi
- hamu-san likes this
- fraudstory reblogged this from whyisfeminismathing
- kagenoneko reblogged this from whyisfeminismathing
- gresa likes this
- austini-martini reblogged this from eridansucksdick and added:
- thescientificegalitarian reblogged this from permutationofninjas
- patchoulol likes this
- eridansucksdick reblogged this from moirailswithbenefits
- mightybearfalconlives likes this
- blahblahehlkjklasdfa likes this
- pianostoburn likes this
- avatar-winchester reblogged this from suddenly-pancakes
- ellebellesx reblogged this from ilacktact and added:
- litlionman likes this
- nerdymouse likes this
- nerdymouse reblogged this from bluetrafficlight
- bluetrafficlight reblogged this from permutationofninjas
- therealkandenneky reblogged this from just-smith
- aselleus reblogged this from just-smith and added:
- hamsterbooty likes this
- frank-e-fighting-words reblogged this from wretchedoftheearth and added:
- psychofactz posted this