You can say it’s a movement that advocates equality.
You can say it’s a movement full of theories on how to bring about equality.
But is not above questioning, as the movement is made up of flawed people, just as any movement is.
It is not the epitome of all that is right and good.
It is only a theory, and theories can be disproved.
This is another version of the ‘atheists are evil’ fallacy, which goes as follows:
- (Religion) advocates an interpretation of morality
- Atheism rejects (Religion)
- Atheism therefore rejects all morality
In this case:
- Feminism advocates an interpretation of equality
- Anti-feminism rejects feminism
- Anti-feminism therefore rejects all equality
Atheists can be immoral, but so can the religious.
Anti-feminists can be sexist, but so can feminists.
I’m a feminist and I encourage anti-feminists to join me, but I don’t automatically assume they’re sexist idiots if they don’t.
We’re supposed to be fighting stereotypes, people.
(feministsaresexist, this applies to you too)
- permutationofninjas reblogged this from permutationofninjasarchive and added:
- graham-bunny likes this
- feminismfreedomfighters reblogged this from permutationofninjasarchive and added:
- permutationofninjasarchive reblogged this from just-smith and added:
- captainjackjohnson likes this
- dnhelton likes this
- melaniedivine likes this
- torturedoktor likes this
- victor2k likes this
- hitlersgasbill reblogged this from bitteryounghag
- toneyspeaksloud likes this
- bitteryounghag likes this
- nicthecleavagepriestess likes this